COVID-19 has seriously affected the tourism, hospitality and leisure sector, therefore central government are offering grants to eligible businesses. If you are in this sector you could be eligible for a £25k grant.
- Businesses with a property that has rateable value between £15-£51k
- Your business is based in England
- Your business is in the retail, hospitality and/or leisure sector
Properties that will benefit from the relief will be occupied properties that are wholly or mainly being used:
- as shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
- for assembly and leisure
- for hospitality, as hotels, guest & boarding premises or self-catering accommodation
More information on eligibility is set out in the expanded retail discount guidance.
Harborough District Council are currently contacting businesses who they think should be eligible for the Small Business Grant and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants and advising them on how to apply for the grants.
Businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of up to £15,000 may be eligible for the Small Business Grant of £10,000 instead.
The Government has also introduced a business rates holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses and nurseries in England for the 2020 to 2021 tax year.