As EU exit approaches, please see the below links which could help you to prepare your business.
- Prepare for EU Exit- Check what you need to do
- EU exit guidance for your business
- EU exit support
- Driving in the EU
- Trading in the EU if the UK leaves without a deal
Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) numbers are a unique ID number allocated to businesses that enables them to be identified by Customs authorities when doing business with other traders.
Businesses that only trade with the EU will need an EORI number:
- to continue to import or export goods with the EU, if the UK leaves the EU without a deal; and
- before they can apply for authorisations that will make customs processes easier
HMRC are now allocating VAT registered companies across the UK with an EORI number automatically- find out more here.
If your business is not VAT-registered, you will still need to register for an EORI number.
Once you’ve done this you can register for Transitional Simplified Procedures (TSP)