Invest in your Community
Employee volunteering is good for the community, good for those who volunteer, and good for your company.
Volunteering can help your business:
- Improve your brand image and corporate social respobsibility (CSR)
- Increase staff engagement, morale and motivation
- Build transferable skills for employees
- Encourage team building and communication
- Improve recruitment and retention
- Learn new skills and meet new people
- Make a difference to a good cause
- Add variety and a new approach to work
- Build self-confidence and employer relationships
- Have fun and great creative outside of work
You can help charities:
- Raise their profile
- Develop new business partnerships
- Sustain important community services
Voluntary Action Leicestershire (VAL)
Voluntary Action Leicestershire (VAL) is a charity that helps people in local communities to change their lives for the better, through direct service delivery and by supporting the local voluntary and community sector.
Canal & River Trust
Canal & River Trust can work with your company to develop a volunteering programme that provides a very real and practical experience for your staff while delivering environmental and social impact for your local canal or river.
Book a team day out which has a real impact and is also great fun, learn new skills and work in ways that may be new to you.
Feedback from some of our current corporate partners have shown the value of these days to their people. It gives them the opportunity to take a fresh look at their roles and the people who they work with. They come away with new ideas, inspired by spending time by the water and feel invigorated from helping local people, wildlife and heritage.
Due to demand, Canal & River Trust only run a limited number of team days each year and these are spread across out 2,000 mile network. To discuss opportunities available both nationally and locally email:
Scott Miller- Yorkshire & North East and East Midlands Scott.email@example.com
Leicestershire & Rutland Sport
Considering a career in the sports, fitness, leisure or physical activity sector in Leicester and Leicestershire?
The Careers Information Hub is a central place to find:
- Quick links to the Jobs and Volunteering pages
- More information about some of the pillars of the sporting ecosystem based in Leicester and Leicestershire
- Link to the key employers in the leisure, health and fitness and sport sector
- Top tips for securing the role you want in
Click here to see the latest jobs in the sector
Click here to see the latest volunteering opportunities in the sector