Where: Harborough Innovation Centre, Airfield Business Park, Leicester Road, Market Harborough, LE16 7WB
Date: Thursday 7 April 2022
This 3-hour action planning workshop explores the legal pitfalls for employers to navigate, then rapidly moves on to share best practices to mitigate these and support SMEs in providing a gold standard ‘candidate experience’.
You will explore the most effective ways for your business to attract a diverse pool of candidates. You’ll also look at how businesses build an ‘employer brand’ to achieve this and then consider selection methods and the huge range of selection tools that you can use to reduce the time you take to hire and fill that vacancy.
This is a highly interactive workshop so expect lots of discussion and sharing of best practice ideas!
Who should attend this workshop?
This interactive workshop is for SME business owners, line managers, HR professionals or indeed anyone that wishes to attract and recruit top talent.
What will we cover?
- Recruit within the law and minimise discrimination claims
- Recruitment – common myths and misconceptions
- How to attract the person and not a person
- How to successfully shortlist
- Fairly and objectively assess candidates against values and behaviours
- Best practice interview skills
- Killer questions to ask candidates and uncover what is important to them
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Loates HR Training and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.